St Helen Abbotsham, Diocese of Exeter
St Helen’s Abbotsham, Diocese of Exeter,
Under the Episcopal Care of the Bishop of Ebbsfleet
Priest-in-Charge (0.33) (House for duty plus 1/10 stipend)
The parish of St Helen’s, Abbotsham, situated in the beautiful countryside of North Devon, is an attractive and lively village with an excellent Church of England Primary School. A male priest is sought who
- is a bible-based, effective preacher and teacher able to demonstrate their love of Jesus to others and to communicate effectively with church-goers and non-church-goers alike
- values and respects traditional views and customs, yet is open to new methods of working, and willing to encompass them so there is growth in the word of God in our community
- has experience of working within a school environment and is able to relate and communicate with young children encouraging them to develop Christian beliefs and values
- has an understanding of and sympathy with rural issues and is willing to become involved in village life, including outreach to new housing developments
- can lead the PCC in discussions about becoming part of an appropriate wider Mission Community
- is a person of humour and warmth, willing to spend time visiting and able to connect with a wide variety of people.
The PCC has passed a resolution under the House of Bishops Declaration on the Ministry of Bishops and Priests.
For details see www.exeter.anglican.org/vacancies or contact the General Secretary
Click on the link below to view the Parish Profile